Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Little Fun, A Little Frustrated

I've been having a lot of fun working on some Halloween pieces.
Here's a little sneak peek...

a little witch, a ghosty goblin, owls and pumpkins....

Will try and post more pictures soon.

While waiting for these pieces to dry, I've been having a lot of fun
thrifting for some new items for my craft room.
My fave thing right now seems to be...



♥Glitter Shakers♥

That's what you get when you find old mismatched salt and pepper shakers and fill them with glitter!
I often don't care for the bottles they usually come in anyway and this makes it easier to use and I love the look. I was looking for a small silver serving tray to display them on, but found this candle tray instead. I thought I would spraypaint it Heirloom White when I brought it home, but decided I like the look as it is right now.
What do you think?

Now, the reason I'm frustrated is because I planned on showing lots more pictures of items that I've found on my thrifting trips and of my Halloween WIP's (works in progress) and even some unsightly (messy!) pictures of my craft room (I will be doing some before and after pics) since I'm giving it a makeover. But my pictures have been turning out horrible.
There's not very good lighting in my craft room right now and well, what I really need is a digital slr.

Until then, I'll do the best I can! I have so many projects on my list right now that will be fun to share, so stay tuned...

 

3 comments:

Martha said...

Love the WIP's! Can't wait to see them finished! And don't paint it white......like the tray just the way it is!

Martha

scrapfancy said...

Me neither but I really don't use glitter alot. Can't wait to see your new creations.

Kerri Winder Designs said...

I can't wait to see your Halloween pieces finished and love, love,love the glitter shakers, such a good idea...x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...